Welcome to the Title IX section of our webpage. This front page will reflect our most current information on Title IX.
OCR Sept. 1, 2015 Letter (42 pages) to Michigan State on handling of two cases under Title IX. This follows a 28 page Resolution Agreement signed by the University and OCR on August 28, 2015.
Court grants Petition for Writ of Mandamsu and ordered UCSD to set aside findings against a student accused of sexual misconduct. The court found the process was unfair and not supported by the evidence, and that Petitioner was unfairly limited in his right to cross examine the primary witness against him.
- Clarifies that Coordinator should report directly to Senior Leadership, such as the President.
- States a preference for a full time Title IX Coordinator dedicated to that role.
- Title IX Coordinator should be involved in drafting and revision of policies.
- The website must reflect complete and current information about the School's Title IX Coordinator.
- There should be a link to Title IX page from University homepage.
- Title IX Coordinators must be provided with training.
See the ACE Issue Brief on the New Guidance.
The rate of rape and sexual assault was 1.2 times higher for nonstudents (7.6 per 1,000) than for students (6.1 per 1,000). This goes against the widely publized 1 in 4 figure put forth by DOE.
Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA) ( 2014) Student Conduct Administration and Title IX: Gold Standard Practices for Resolution of Allegations of Sexual Misconduct on College Campuses
Distilling the April 29, 2014 OCR Questions and Answers on Title IX and Sexual Violence (NACUA password protected) by Andrea Staff, Associate Counsel, SUNY, May 3, 2013